7 + 1 reasons ‘NOT’ to learn programming in Armenia
In one of the interviews Steve Jobs, Apple’s co-founder said, “I think everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to think.” We are presenting 7+1 reasons why not to learn programming in Armenia.
- The demand of IT specialists is significantly higher than the offer in Armenia. There is always a constant need of professional coders almost in all programming languages. 50% of all job announcements, posted in Armenia are in the field of IT. In 2015, the field of ITC has recorded the growth of 20%, having almost 60 new companies established.
- The average salary of a junior developer is twice higher than the average salary in Armenia. The starting salary of a junior developer is 120,000 – 150, 000 AMD and if smart and hard-working, a person with ambitions can become a senior developer within 3-5 years and start receiving 800,000- 1,500,000 AMD.
- Programming is easy to learn and formal education is not required. Even if you do not have any technical background but you are eager to learn, it will take you just 6-12 months of hard work to learn programming. However, the mastery will come with experience, practical work and patience.
- Now that software is eating the world by automating all kinds of routine jobs, the basic knowledge of how lines of code create the digital worlds we explore every day is becoming a fundamental digital literacy. Even if you have no plans to become a software developer, as a person who lives in this world, it is a necessity to learn coding.
- Everyone, despite the age, can learn programming. It doesn’t matter whether you are 15, 25 or 35, it is never late to learn programming and the history has many excellent examples. Everyone knows what is a bug? Who is the inventor? Grace Hopper (computer scientist) was not only one of the greatest programmer of all times, she was also the one who actually invented programming languages, and the concept of a “bug”. She was 38 at the time.
- To gain a profession in Armenia, a person will need to study at least 4 years and pay minimum 250,000 AMD per year (250,000 x 4 = 1,000,000 AMD). To become a developer in C++ or C# or a web developer you will just need less than the half of 1 million:500,000 AMD + hard work + patience.
- Programmers are introverts. They do not communicate with others. They are very dull. The environment is boring, just computers and no fun. That is the biggest lie of all time. Programmers usually work in teams, where they do communicate, share tasks and collaborate. Most of the programmers have good logic and are good at problem-solving. The environment of the most IT companies is incomparable to any industry.
7+1 – Learn programming is a smooth, interactive and engaging process, if you learn it at Microsoft Innovation Center Armenia. Why? We have the best teachers, practical developers of the best ITt companies; he most flexible, efficient and regularly updatedcurriculum. Our five-year-experience shows that 80% of our students find job after the courses. What else is needed?
We are organizing training courses all year around and offer courses for all levels of programmers, starting from Programming fundamentals till advanced level of C#, C++. We have developed short master classes for those who just need quick update of their programming skills. Not sure which level you are or from which course to start, it is not a problem. Call us at (010) 545 343; (099) 545 343, (041) 545 343 and arrange a meeting. We will help you to choose the most efficient course for you.