We are hiring!!!
TITLE: Accountant (MIC Armenia and EU-funded project)
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Accountant will be responsible for executing the expenses per appropriate accounting standards and procedures, set by Microsoft Innovation Center and EU and ensure compliance with Armenian laws. He/ she will help to monitor, analyze and operationalize the financial transactions through automated financial systems, assist in monthly reconciliation of activity costs. He/ she will report to the director.
- Oversee the accounting systems and ensure compliance with Project expenditures;
- Design and apply internal control mechanisms and periodic audits for accounting;
- Produce monthly financial reports, in addition to any other financial report that may be required;
- Work closely with the director on balances and financial reports;
- Ensure the payment of goods and services under the EU-funded project;
- Prepare appropriate tax report and any other information;
- Review and verify invoices for the purchase of goods and services for the project;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system;
- Perform reconciliation of bank settlements on a monthly basis;
- Participate in the evaluations of quotes for acquisitions of the project, in conjunction with the direction of management and contracts;
- Responsible for the input of all accounting data;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting or a related field, preferably donor-funded projects;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Attention to details and the capabilities to work well individually and within a team;
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change;
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of spoken and written Armenian and English languages;
- Experience of working in donor-funded projects is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of 1C is preferable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position title ("Accountant") in the subject line of the email.
OPENING DATE: 20 August, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 August, 2019
ABOUT: MIC Armenia is an innovative and effective approach to build core competencies in business and soft skills in technology among a growing number of small and medium IT companies. It also encourages education institutions to embrace new knowledge to meet the current and future market demand by providing an infrastructure and resources.
Currently, MIC Armenia is implementing EU-funded project with two partners: Yerevan State College of Informatics and Vayots Dzor Regional State College to deliver up-to date educational programs for students, aiming to bridge the gap between education and real needs of IT companies.